It is the first positive thing I've heard from Bad Sarah, period - oh, except for her recent praise for the future President at a moment in time when it was politically expedient praise him.
However, let's not forget that BS has had no qualms about putting both legislative muscle and a good deal of funding behind initiatives that hurt Alaska's environment, it's animals, and ultimately, it's population.
- A considerable amount of her family's income comes from the gas company BP as her husband is an oil production operator for BP. (This may no longer be true when BS signs her upcoming muli-million dollar book deal, and Bristol recieves her $300,000 check from People Magazine.)
- Palin said that she would sue the Interior Department over its decision to list the polar bear as a threatened species. The Interior Department decision she took on went to great lengths to ward off any new restrictions on oil and gas drilling.
- BS is launching a new lawsuit against the US for protecting the Beluga whale as an endangered species, so that she can pave the way for exploitation and development of Alaska's waters for Big Oil.
- Palin supports the aerial hunting of wolves and bears, and Palin spent $400,000 of state money to fund a media campaign to try and convince Alaskans to support aerial shooting. Bad Sarah!
- Sarah Palin opposed a statewide ballot initiative to prohibit or restrict new mining operations that could affect salmon in the state's streams and rivers.
- She is pushing to open Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling. OUCH.
- She opposes a windfall profits tax on oil companies.
- She has a chair on the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission. (Note: any info on this point would be most welcome as either a positive or negative.)
(Click title for source of info in this post. Photo credit goes to Duke Wheeler.)